Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Earldom Of Detroit Has Been Saved

John Conyers (D-MI), who has been “serving” in the United States Congress since 1965, called into a local Detroit radio show this morning to announce his decision to retire today.  During the Mildred Gaddis Show, Conyers continued to deny he harassed any of his former employees and did not know where the allegations came from. 
Oregon Muse via Ace Of Spades opined:
"So that withered old crone Cokie Roberts now admits that 'everyone knew' not to get into an elevator with Democratic Rep John Conyers because of his gropey, gropey hands. She never raised a complaint about it, though. However, she did spend most of the 1990s winking at and excusing Bill Clinton's horndoggery, while slamming Republicans for being sexist and 'against women'. Ouch. Just thinking about the immense amount of effort it must have taken her to square all of those circles makes my brain hurt."
During the radio interview, Conyers added he wanted his son, John Conyers III, to replace him in Congress. “I have a great family here and especially in my oldest boy, John Conyers III, who incidentally I endorse to replace me in my seat in Congress,” he said. 
Has a suitable heir been found?  Conyers’ great-nephew, Michigan State Senator Ian Conyers, is set to run for his seat.  It seems the feudal lords of Detroit still have the rights of prima nocta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.