Saturday, December 2, 2017

2017 SEC Championship Game

Conference Championship weekend is finally here.  This year I’m sitting on pins and needles fretting over whether my beloved Crimson Tide will make it into the CFB Playoffs.
Oddsmakers, sports pundits, pollsters and navel gazers be damned.  After today the Selection Committee has the steering wheel.  One thing’s for certain:  The Top Four will consist of the SEC Championship game winner and the winner of the ACC Championship game along with either the Buckeyes or Bama.
I have loathed Ohio State ever since Head Coach Woody Hayes punched Clemson’s Charlie Bauman in the 1978 Gator Bowl after he intercepted a pass from Art Schlichter.  I want Bama to go to the playoffs so bad I can taste it and am more than willing to root for them against the Badgers.  I feel dirty, like a politician.  If Wisconsin wins, its curtains for both Bama and the Buckeyes.  Please, oh, please don’t let that happen.
They say I must summon the football gods’ favor for the game between TCU and the Sooners.  I can’t stand the hot-headed, crotch-grabbing, bird-flipping Baker Mayfield.  I have no problem pulling for the Horned Frogs to knock Oklahoma out of the Top Four.
The game between the Clemson Tigers and the Canes of Miami won’t budge the standings, but a win by the Tigers assures there won’t be two ACC teams getting in.
Finally, the game between the Bulldawgs of Jawja and the (expletive) godforsaken (expletive) flea-bitten Auburn (expletive) Tigers for the SEC Championship.  I’ve been doing the Vulcan Mind Meld with Coach Smart.  I want Kirby to pluck War Eagle bald.  Auburn is the first two-loss team to be ranked in the Top Four.  What a (expletive) travesty!
Auburn, according to ESPN’s Matchup Predictor, has a 50.5% chance of victory against the Dawgs.
The experts who, by the way, hate Alabama claim if Auburn wins Nick Saban’s boys from Tuscaloosa could brag its only loss was to the SEC Champs.  Aw, hell no.  That ain’t good enough bubba.  Kirby was Saban’s defensive coach for ten years.  He knows defense I tell ya and the Dawgs will be out to maul Jarret Stidham and avenge their 40-17 loss to the Tigers at Jordan-Haire stadium.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.